Premiere Pro CS6 could not find any capable video play modules.
Hello everyone. I just purchased Production Premium CS6 and when I try to start Premiere I get this error message: “Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please updated your video display drivers and start again.” This message comes up after it trys to load the importerquicktime file. I attempted to uninstall the software and reinstall to no avail. In fact, now I also get three additional error boxes that all say: “LoadLibrary failed with error 126: the specified module could not be found.” I’ve done extensive searching online over the last couple of days to try to resolve my problem myself… however nothing I have tried worked. I’ve even read through all of the threads already posted on these forums. Does anyone have any suggestions? Before posting them, here are the things I have already tried as well as some tech specs:
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
Windows 7 (64 bit)
8GB of RAM
Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
BIOS F.13 (4/25/2011)
AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series (driver version: 8.980.0.0)
Mobile Intel HD Graphics (driver version: 8.830.6.2000)
- I tried uninstalling the software.
- I tried to update my drivers for both of the graphics cards (though one of them didn’t have an update it seems)
- I run the software as an admin.
- I tried to go into display settings and disable the Intel card. (this caused low resolution which is unexceptable)
- I went to the Catalyst Control Center and put Premiere to “High Power” which is supposed to use the AMD card.
- I opened the BIOS up but there is no option to change anything graphics related. (a lot of people were telling people to change switchable graphics to fixed here, but I have no such option)
- I took my battery in and out.
- I uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled the current version.
- I downloaded and installed the latest version of Premiere (as it was released the day before I purchased it)
I’ve tried some others things I think, but at this point I’ve tried so many things I’m beginning to forget them. Nothing seems to work for me… I’m wanting to use Premiere to edit this short video I want to release by Wednesday but this is putting me behind. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
via Adobe Community : Popular Discussions – Adobe Premiere Forums http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1063006